10 Benefits of an economic slowdown
As you step into this Monday morning, I am sure that you don’t have to hear more bad news. Slowdown, layoffs, structural job losses, hiring freeze, change and more change coming our way.
I’m no Yoda but I can connect with the facts of brutal reality that is playing out there. I know people are suffering, and I hate that.
However, I also believe that every cloud has a silver lining. Seeing life that way is just part of my being. So thought I should flex the appreciator muscle and see the slow down in a different light.
Probably it will help you a bit. So here are at least 10 benefits of the slow down:
- It causes you to get more creative.
- It causes you to be less wasteful. A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
- It fosters out-of-the-box thinking. You should start placing small bets like starting a side gig to seek additional monies.
- It forces you to make the tough decisions. May be you want to spend some cash and re-invent yourself.
- It thins out the competition. The ones that last this slow down will ride the next wave.
- It makes you realise you can’t take anything for granted. Yup, having a day job is a blessing.
- It reminds you that real wealth isn’t about the stuff you own.
- It makes it easier to abandon business-as-usual.
- It accelerates change. It’s here to stay.
- It brings you back to the basics.
While you may not be able to control what happens with the economy, you can control your own mental focus and emotions.
Usually, this determines whether you feel anxiety and fear or peace and hope.
Image courtesy: www.istockphoto.com
If you valued this article, please hit the ‘like’ button and also share via your Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook social media platforms. I encourage you to join the conversation or ask questions so feel free to add a comment on this post. Please follow my LinkedIn post page for all my articles.